The token types already available at this time are
- User name with password
- SoftPSE – The key data is present in a certain file on the file system here
- USB token – Cryptographic token that is referenced via the USB interface
- Smartcards – Traditional smartcards
- Smartphones – The smartphone is used as a token. Depending on the model, the key data may be present in a hardware module.
However, it is possible to integrate other types without any problems. Depending on the token used, two-factor and two-channel scenarios are also possible.
- Installation of s-pro4u app
- Hardware Secure Element (depends on smartphone model)
- User verification using PIN, fingerprint, wipe gestures
- With push notifications: Out-of-band authentication also possible
- No additional costs for hardware tokens
- Log-in to systems without the need to install clients (ideal for instance in terminal environments and internet cafés)